Credit: NTB Shutterstock
DNB Asset Management is a leading asset manager in the Nordic region with around 140 employees across offices in Norway and Luxembourg. Around 50 portfolio managers, analysts and traders manage approximately EUR 66bn in assets including more than 100 Norwegian and Luxembourg domiciled investment funds and close to 250 institutional discretionary client mandates.
DNB Asset Management S.A. is a Luxembourg-based UCITS fund Management Company closely linked with its Oslo-based sister company DNB Asset Management AS.
DNB Asset Management S.A.’s activities are shared between two functional units based in Luxembourg.
- Product Management
- International Sales
While the first mentioned unit is responsible for the typical management company activities, the second unit carries responsibility for all sales and marketing activities towards institutional investors in international markets.
DNB Asset Management S.A. is now recruiting a Permanent Risk Manager.
As Risk Manager you will engage in a key second line of defence role, which has as its main task to ensure that the first line maintains full responsibility and accountability for all risk matters linked to the Luxembourg entity. Hence, you will be responsible for performing the local risk management function and ensure that risks are proactively identified, mitigated, monitored and reported in line with laws, rules, regulations, standards.
You will maintain a very close cooperation with the risk management team in Oslo. You will report to the local Head of Product Management. Independent of the operative business line, you will have a solid reporting line to the board of directors.
Should you have the right profile the role will be upgraded to conducting officer responsible for Risk Management and the IT function (outsourced) after the trial period.
- Contact person for CSSF queries related to risk management
- Set-up and implement changes to the risk management procedures according to regulatory requirements of UCITS
- Monitor on an on-going basis all risks to which the funds may be exposed.
- Define risk levels and methods and be responsible for the structuring of the risk management process
- Interact with investment managers concerning risk profiles, risk appetite and risk levels
- Conduct risk due diligences
- Prepare relevant reporting and be in charge for the risk reporting to senior management, the board of directors and CSSF
- Organize, prepare and participate as Risk Manager in committees and meetings
- Ensure that communication on risk topics within the organization, regulators and other external stakeholders remains clear, organized and consistent
- Coordinate risk projects
- Analyse and assess new rules and regulations related to risk management
- First of all an interest and motivation to work in a medium-sized fund company.
- Significant experience in risk management in the Luxembourgish fund sector, i.e. demonstrate the relevant track record to obtain the CSSF recognition as Conducting Officer.
- Strong skills in Excel
- Degree in Economics, Finance or other relevant field.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Scandinavian, French, and German would be considered as an advantage.
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on personality who likes to solve problems
- Highly motivated and a team player
- Structured and result-oriented
- Ability to work autonomously and to take ownership in a medium-sized company
- Values quality and accuracy
Application deadline is 7 Feb 2020.
To discuss this position further please contact Sophia Karlsson.
Sophia Karlsson, Head of Product Management
Landline: +352 (0) 45 49 45 510 or +352 621 375 495